Take extra steps to maintain privacy on social media.
The default settings on your social media accounts aren't made to protect your privacy. Protect yourself by following the simple steps below:
- If you wouldn't say it in person, don't say it online.
- Don't post any information about your work or sensitive personal details.
- Adjust your privacy settings to lock down your posts so only people you know and trust can view your posts.
- Log out of accounts when you're finished.
- Use unique passwords for each of your accounts. (Read our tips on secure passwords here.)
- Share these tips with friends by downloading our Social Media Savvy Poster.