A strong password is your first line of defense against hackers.
Passwords are a critical component of good security. Change passwords regularly and read on for tips on how to create a strong password.
- are at least 14 characters long
- contain a phrase, not just a single word
- contain punctuation and upper and lower case characters
- are not a single word in any language
- are not based on personal information, names of family, pets, etc.
- are random!
- contain less than 10 characters
- can be found in a dictionary
- are predictable (names of family, pets, friends, birthdays)
- use common word or number patterns